We are Build It International
We are in the business of building!
- We build in Zambia – one of the poorest countries in the world
- We build skilled workers out of forgotten unemployed young men and women so they can earn a decent living and provide for their families
- We support these skilled workers to build dozens of essential schools and clinics in neglected communities
- We are building a skills training programme fit to meet the needs of a growing country; bricklayers, concrete workers, carpenters, painters, plasterers and more
- We build brighter futures!
Build It believes in an Africa in which everyone has the opportunity to work and thrive
Zambia is one of the poorest countries in Africa: 64% of the population lives below the poverty line and 80% have no regular income (World Bank 2017). For many life is a daily struggle for survival, characterised by the limited access to the basic services that we take for granted; education, health and basic sanitation.
There is a real opportunity to make a difference in Zambia. Build It was launched by a group of experienced, international development professionals and supporters keen to maximise the potential for creating jobs and reducing poverty. We have pioneered a simple and highly effective model which is enabling hundreds of unemployed young people to learn essential building skills, and at the same time help to build vital schools and clinics for thousands of children.
Build It understands the Zambian context. We have established effective partnerships and networks. We know how to get things done!
Build It International is a UK registered charity. We receive no government funding. Instead, we achieve our goals through the support and partnership of companies, individuals and other organisations who share our vision and values.
TOTAL INCOME: £1,023,493
TOTAL EXPENDITURE: £1,118,693
The 2016 expenditure deficit of £95,200 has been funded by 2015 income