TEMPORARY PROCUREMENT AND ASSETS OFFICER (P&A OFFICER)
To ensure the smooth running of the BII Zambia procurement and logistics operations through the provision of timely acquisitions and deliveries, accurate record keeping, appropriate and timely financial information; Ensure the BII Zambia fleet is well maintained and meets all statutory requirements for road-worthiness, including insurance and taxation ensuring records are up to date; Ensure BII Zambia capital and assets are managed well ensuring stores, assets, and capital policies and records are maintained both in the BII office(s) and on BII projects or any such location that BII assets/capital may be kept.
Procurement and Logistics duties:
- Ensure BII Zambia Procurement processes and systems are followed at all times
- Produce and work to weekly procurement calendar based on project programmes and key dates as shown on purchase order requisitions
- Produce and distribute to Finance Manager a twice monthly cash requirement forecast based upon procurement calendar
- Manage procurement exercises at least three times a year, collecting three quotes for required items and record each procurement exercise accurately to align with COM programme for budget submittals
- Discuss and Activate any necessary Purchase Order Requisitions with Site Agents on weekly basis
- Produce Purchase Orders with the correct process codes and in accordance with BII systems and process and submit to the Finance Department for supplier payment.
- Ensure delivery of materials for each project in a timely manner and in keeping with dates shown on Purchase Order Requisitions – produce schedule for transportation/delivery and distribute weekly to COM.
- Negotiate discounted rates with suppliers wherever possible and identify which suppliers offer the best quality goods at the best rate ensuring value for money and keeping accurate records of such at all times.
- Strive at all times to reduce BII approved budget costs through bulk buys, discounted rates, timely delivery dates whilst maintaining quality and programme
- Daily update of all Project Forecast Expenditure Reports to reflect actual purchases/expenditure with a twice monthly project report produced for harmonisation exercise with Finance and Procurement Officer
- Ensure that all BII documentation in regards to procurement of project materials is accurate and filed appropriately for accountability purpose
- Procure for Lusaka Head Office when required
- Assist the Administrator in the management of BII rented properties.
- Ensure regular communication and responsiveness with the Construction Operations Manager, Site Agents and Finance Department
- Perform other such duties that may be assigned by line managers
- Ensure timely, accurate record keeping and submittal to the Finance and Procurement Officer of Delivery Records and Purchases records to ensure the BII Register of Assets and Capital is kept up to date
- Be responsible for the management of BII storage containers including a 3x annual inventory exercise in conjunction with the Finance and Procurement Officer.
- Conduct asset/inventory exercise on a quarterly basis following the BII Asset and Tool/Equipment policies and ensuring results are accurate. Submit to and work with Finance and Procurement Officer to ensure accuracy in both location of and type of capital/asset recorded
- Make suggestions/recommendations in the maintenance, repair, replacement, or retirement of BII capital and assets, including the identification of appropriate service providers for approval by management
- Maintain a maintenance programme and ensure maintenance is undertaken in a timely manner for all BII tools/equipment as recommended by manufacturers to ensure optimum operating conditions of BII tools and equipment. Produce schedule of maintenance for monthly distribution to COM and Finance Manager
- Ensure all BII vehicles are maintained in line with BII and national guidelines. Produce schedule of maintenance for monthly distribution to COM and Finance Manager. Prepare Purchase Order Requests for any works to be carried out in accordance with BII procurement policies
- Ensure vehicle road tax, fitness and insurance are up-to-date and renewed for all BII vehicles.
- Assist in the purchase of office supplies and dealing with service providers including preparation of Purchase Orders as required by the Finance Manager
Other Responsibilities – as required.
The role reports on a day to day basis to both the Construction Operations Manager for all items related to ‘Procurement and Logistics’ and to the Finance Manager (all tasks related to ‘Finance’ and ‘Asset Management’ headings)
Other Key Relationships
- Construction Operations Manager
- Finance Manager
- Site Agents
- Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Administration staff
- Finance & Admin Officer
- Check that you can meet the basic requirements listed in the job description
- Hand deliver or email your application that should consist of the following:
- A CV which includes a list of relevant professional qualifications, stating where you studied and when. Include any relevant short course training/workshops.
- A cover letter telling us what interests you about the position. One page max.
- Provide contact details for three referees who know you in a professional capacity.
E-mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to 21381 Mushakashela Road, Woodlands, Lusaka.
Application deadline: 30th June 2017. Please save your CV and cover letter in the following format: ‘FULL NAME CV’ and ‘FULL NAME COVER LETTER’
Note: if you are currently working and unable to start soon then please do get in touch with us for future opportunities.