Application Deadline: The deadline has now passed
Role: To ensure the smooth running of the Build It International Zambia Limited office’s operations through the provision of accurate, appropriate and timely financial information and sound administrative systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Finance & General Administration
- Processing all relevant paperwork related to all administration expenses and ensure that all paperwork is correctly filed for easy retrieval.
- Processing cheques for the purchase of project and office goods and services and ensuring these are signed accordingly. Carry out bank errands as bank agent.
- Prepare monthly funds requirements for all administration expenses.
- Administration of the office petty cash.
- Weekly follow up on submissions of all funds retirement forms with supporting documentation from staff.
- Secure all retired payment supporting documentation in respective staff books.
- Weekly update of all cashbooks and journals in Excel and submit for review to Finance Manager every week.
- Close monitoring of the organizational bank account and ensuring that a weekly status report is submitted to Finance Manager.
- Upload of all month-end Excel journals into Financial Force and ensure that all cashbooks are timely reconciled, including liaising with the bank to correct errors on the bank account within the first 5 working days of the each month.
- Ensuring that all statutory payments and returns are submitted to respective institutions.
- Assist with audit preparations and attend to auditors as and when required during the annual audit over areas of responsibility.
- Conduct Fuel Account Reconciliations for all vehicles, ensuring that fuel TomCard accounts are topped up and functioning.
- Other finance related tasks as required.
- Assisting with administration tasks as and when required.
Qualifications & Work Experience
The right person should have the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum qualifications of ZICA Technician, CIMA Cert. in Business Accounting or ACCA Diploma in Accounting & Business.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to grasp concepts and procedures quickly.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good team and communications skills
- Experience in a similar role (minimum 2 years)
- Integrity and honesty
- Hard working and conscientious attitude
- Three good references
- Understanding and affinity with our mission and values
- Ability to uphold BII standards on ethics and transparency
The role reports on a day-to-day basis to the Finance Manager.
Other Key Relationships
- Finance & Procurement Officer
- Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Construction Operations Manager
To apply, send only your CV and a cover letter to Zambia_admin@builditinternational.org
Please do not attach any certificates at this stage.
* Please note that you must be a Zambian citizen or have an eligible work permit for Zambia. A valid driver’s license is essential for this position and no convictions (a police check shall be conducted on all preferred candidates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 14th March 2017