Jobs and volunteering
The skills, experience and commitment of everyone involved with Build It is key to the success of the organisation
Trust Fundraiser (hybrid or based in our office in Shrewsbury)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our small fundraising team based in the centre of Shrewsbury, to help build brighter futures for young, disadvantaged men and women in Zambia.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser with a track record of success in trust fundraising and relationship management. The successful candidate will support our Head of Strategic Partnerships to grow our income and build strong relationships with funders.
We offer flexibility in hours and location, with regular visits to Shrewsbury.
Time allocation: 15 hours a week (i.e. 2 days flexible)
£25-28k pro rota depending on experience.
- Actively manage a portfolio of small/medium grants
- Research and analyse potential ‘new’ grant-makers for new funding proposals
- Gather relevant data and programme details, and organise for donor reports, proposals and other donor specific communications.
- Write and submit high quality reports and funding proposals for existing and new grant funders
- Establish and maintain effective stewardship of donors to secure repeat or new funding
Person Specification we also accept the ability to show transferable skills
- Proven experience in researching and writing funding applications
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to understand and communicate data to secure and maintain funding
- Proven experience of relationship management
- Proven experience of raising funds from grant-makers
Please find the full job description here.
Please send a cover letter (not more than 2 pages) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Trust Fundraiser in the subject line by Tuesday 11th April at 0900 BST. We will consider applications before this. Thank you for your interest.
Chief Executive (CLOSED)
We are seeking the successor to Andrew Jowett, founder and CEO of Build It international for the past 15 years. From a standing start the charity now enjoys a turn-over of around £1M and an excellent reputation delivering effective construction skills training in Zambia. The new CEO will be tasked with growing our income and delivering on our strategic objectives for the period 2023-2025.
They will act as a strong and positive leader, consistently demonstrating the charity’s values in leading the organisation, especially maintaining a working culture where all are valued and encouraged.
If you are motivated by our work, share our values and have the skills and experience we seek, we hope that you will consider applying for this exciting opportunity to join us.
To apply, please follow this link:
Chief Executive | Build It International via Peridot Partners