Jobs and volunteering
The skills, experience and commitment of everyone involved with Build It is key to the success of the organisation
We have an exciting opportunity to join a small team raising funds for our skills training programme in Zambia. The focus will be on organising supporter events coming up, supporter correspondence and working with the CEO and our Major Donors. It’s a great opportunity to develop your skills in these areas.
We are looking for somebody who can demonstrate confidence, personal organisation, good writing skills and an understanding of relationship management. You must be competent using CRM software (customer relations management).
You don’t have to be an experienced fundraiser if you have worked in marketing or customer relations.
Full training and support provided,
This is a temporary opportunity in our fundraising team. This position may become permanent after September.
We are flexible on hours/days but you will need to be available from late April for at least 25 hours a week. We are happy to negotiate a mix of home/office working.
Thank you for your interest.
Please see the Job Description for more details.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV and a brief supporting statement (no more than two pages of A4) to email@example.com with ‘Fundraiser’ in the subject heading.
Senior Programme Manager based at our Centre for Excellence, 10 Miles, Chibombo, Zambia. Closed.
Thank you to all those who have applied. This position is currently on hold. We hope to re-advertise shortly. In the meantime, we will be in touch directly with those of interest.
This important new position based at our Lusaka Office (10 Miles) will support the Country Director to develop and implement our training programme and community building projects. The role is a key member of the senior management team. We are looking for a well organised, motivated manager committed to our mission and values. Thank you for your interest.
Please explore our website and carefully read the Job Description. Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of working in a similar senior management position
- Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working under pressure as part of a high performing team
- Exceptional planning and problem solving skills
- Budget management experience on projects of a similar scale
- Experience of delivering donors funded programmes eg EU, GIZ, USAID
- Able to work from our office at 10 Miles, Chibombo with travel to project locations
- Clean driving licence
- Demonstrable success in securing funding from institutional donors
- Experience of community work
- Understanding of the vocational training sector and social enterprise