We are Build It International!
We are in the business of building:
- We build in Zambia – one of the poorest countries in the world
- We build skilled workers out of unemployed young men and women so they can earn a living and provide for their families
- We support these skilled workers to build dozens of essential schools and clinics in disadvantaged communities
- We are building a skills training programme fit to meet the needs of a growing country; bricklayers, carpenters, painters, plasterers and more
- We build brighter futures!
Build It believes in an Africa in which everyone has the opportunity to work and thrive
Zambia is one of the poorest countries in Africa: 64% of the population lives below the poverty line and 80% have no regular income (World Bank 2017). For many life is a daily struggle for survival, characterised by the limited access to the basic services that we take for granted; education, health and basic sanitation.
There is a real opportunity to make a difference in Zambia. Build It was launched by a group of experienced, international development professionals and supporters keen to maximise the potential for creating jobs and reducing poverty. We have pioneered a simple and highly effective model which is enabling hundreds of unemployed young people to learn essential building skills, and at the same time help to build vital schools and clinics for thousands of children.
Build It understands the Zambian context. We have established effective partnerships and networks. We know how to get things done!
Every year we fund an independent impact study that looks at our work and how well our trainees are doing in the world of work. It provides strong evidence of the difference we are making in people’s lives, and helps us to see what we can do better.
Build It International is a UK registered charity. We achieve our goals through the support and partnership of trusts, institutional donors, companies, individuals and other organisations who share our vision and values.