We are Build It International!
We are in the business of building:
- We build in Zambia – one of the poorest countries in the world
- We build skilled workers out of unemployed young men and women so they can earn a living and provide for their families
- We support these skilled workers to build dozens of essential schools and clinics in disadvantaged communities
- We are building a skills training programme fit to meet the needs of a growing country; bricklayers, carpenters, painters, plasterers and more
- We build brighter futures!
Build It believes in an Africa in which everyone has the opportunity to work and thrive
Zambia is one of the poorest countries in Africa: 64% of the population lives below the poverty line and 80% have no regular income (World Bank 2017). As a result for many people life is a daily struggle for survival, with limited access to the basic services that many of us take for granted; education, health and basic sanitation.
But there is a real opportunity to make a difference in Zambia.
Build It is a charity launched by a group of experienced, international development professionals and supporters keen to maximise the potential for creating jobs and reducing poverty. As a result we have developed a simple but highly effective model in Zambia.
Build It understands the Zambian context. We have established effective partnerships and networks. We know how to get things done!
Build It International is a UK registered charity. We achieve our goals through the support and partnership of trusts, institutional donors, companies, individuals and other organisations who share our vision and values.
You can also search ‘Build It International’ or our registered charity number 1115989 through the Charity Commission for England and Wales register of charities.